Knowing the facts and developing your key messages are only part of the preparation needed for conducting effective media interviews.
You first need to understand what the media wants and how they’ll go about getting it.
Our consultants have years of experience as professional journalists – and they know how the game is played.
We will work with your company’s spokespersons to:
- Develop targeted and impactful key messages,
- Face reporters, cameras and microphones with poise and confidence,
- Prepare and deliver timely media statements,
- Anticipate and respond to the tough questions, and
- Maintain control of the interview.
We believe in giving our clients a realistic and hands-on experience by conducting a series of on-camera interviews that are reviewed and critiqued during the workshop. We create real-life scenarios designed to give your staff a better understanding of the time constraints and deadlines, as well as tough questions they may face when working with the media.
Participants also are supplied with an arsenal of valuable resources – including industry-specific questions to anticipate from the media and public along with templates for message development and stand-by statements.